Are you considering gutting your existing home to retrofit for maximum efficiency, comfort, durability and energy independence? Then consider a Deep Energy Retrofit (DER). We have over 13 years of making recommendations, specifying materials and methods for upgrading old and vintage homes.
The DER is defined as a ‘gut rehab’ where we work with the owner’s architect/designer and general contractor to produce an energy optimised building.
BlueGreen Group’s highly specialised DER Consultation service* includes:
- an energy audit of existing building,
- energy modeling of the house and proposed new additions (if applicable) for efficiency optimisation,
- using the IDP process, we bring key players to our office (eg. homeowner, builder and architect),
- cost barrier tunneling analysis (if site conditions allow),
- ROR analysis on various upgrade scenarios,
- specification development,
- contractor training,
- site inspections,
- final blower door air tightness testing,
- commissioning of finished renovation mechanical equipment and
- final homeowner report.
Give us a call to find out how we can make your old home perform better than a new one!